Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rafting the Payette

I'll be taking a scenic, hopefully wild and VERY wet rafting trip down the South Fork of the Payette this Saturday!

I've been rafting a few times-- and every time it's an entirely new adventure and experience.

This trip, I booked through a company called Idaho Whitewater Unltd.

The woman I spoke to on the phone when I called six times in one day was so helpful, enthusiastic and genuinely nice-- that I didn't even call any other places.

I chose the float and day around the people that are joining me.  There will be eight of us in the raft -- that is maximum capacity for this particular company. 

We will be taking on level 3+ rapids on a half-day trip called 'The Staircase' ... VERY reasonably priced-- and I've heard nothing but great things about this section of the river!

I'll post pictures-- and details about my trip coming up this weekend! 

travel blog separator

You can find some scenic pictures from my last rafting trip below... We floated the Salmon River last September.

(Click the pictures to see them full sized.)

P9060440 P9060501

P9060477  P9060491

P9060485 P9060512

Always,

Kels

4 comments:

  1. Hey, saw your link on SITS! I'll follow your blog for sure! Next weekend we're going white water rafting as well! This will be my fourth time. We go on the Ottawa river. It's by far my favourite summer weekend getaway! The first time I went we did a 12 man raft (and somehow it managed to flip) but ever since then we've stuck to the 6-man. Way more exciting!! Anyways, I'll be reading about your travels. If you check out my blog itsanovemberbaby.blogspot.com, you can look in my blog list and see a link to a blog called The Adventures of Mathew and Sabrina. That's my friend's blog. She got married in June '08 and since fall '08 has been travelling Europe with her husband and blogging about it! Thought you might like to check that one out. Anyways, keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rafting is so fun! I love your St. Augustine quote. Just stopping by from SITS to say HI:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SITS. Never been rafting but looks like a blast!

    Wanted to invite you to visit my charity, Spirit Jump, we are a group that sends cards & gifts 2 ppl battling cancer. If you want to join us or learn more stop on by http://www.spiritjump.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just stopping over from SITS! You were above me on Roll Call.

    ReplyDelete